1. Broccoli stem: While cooking broccoli normally we discard the stem part. Since it contains many essential nutrients, here i have used this as the main ingredient of this recipe.
2. Red chili seeds: While using red chili most of us discard it's seed. Here i have used this for taste.
3. Lemon peel: It gives cool lemon flavor to the recipe.
- Chopped Broccoli stem - 1 cup
- Chopped potato - 2 Table spoon
- Chopped carrot - 1 Table spoon
- Dried red chili seed powder - 1 Tea spoon
- Lemon zest (peel) - 1 Tea spoon
- Skimmed milk - 2 Table spoon
- Water - 50 ml
- Oil - 1 Table spoon
- In a sauce pan, heat oil, add chopped broccoli stem, potato, carrot and pinch of salt.
- Saute till vegetables are tender. Stir frequently.
- Allow them to cool.
- Puree sauteed vegetables with dried red chili seed powder.
- Heat another sauce pan, add pureed vegetables, skimmed milk, lemon zest, water and remaining salt. Bring it to boil, simmer for few seconds and turn off heat.
- Serve warm.