- Idly rice – 100 g
- Whole black gram seeds – 50 g
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ Table spoon
- Sorghum seeds – 100 g
- Onion – 2
- Soak idly rice (about one hour), sorghum seeds (about two hours), black gram and fenugreek seeds (together about one hour) and grind them with required amount of water in a wet grinder like for making idly.
- Add salt and allow it to ferment for about 6- 8 hrs or whole night in room temperature.
- Chop onion and mix with the batter.
- Heat a non – stick paniyaram pan and pour a spoon full of batter into each hole. Cook until it is done (cook both the sides in medium flame).
- Onion – 1
- Tamarind – 3 Table spoon
- Black gram seeds – 1 Table spoon
- Split channa dal - 1 Table spoon
- Dried red chilies – 2
- Curry leaves –Few
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Heat a table spoon of oil in a pan. Add black gram, split channa dal, curry leaves, asafoetida and red chili. Fry till they are slightly brown in low flame. Keep it aside.
- Then fry chopped onion in the same pan till they are slightly brown and allow it to cool.
- Grind them with salt and tamarind paste.