- All purpose flour – 250 g
- Granulated sugar – 150 g
- Semi sweet chocolate chips - a handful
- Pistachio (dry roasted, shelled, chopped into small pieces) – a handful
- Baking power – 1Teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 2 drops
- Egg – 2
- Salt - pinch
- Using an electric egg beater, beat eggs with sugar until fluffy (for about 10 mins) and add vanilla extract.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together then mix with egg mixture. To this mixture add chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Dust your hands with some flour, roll out the mixture (dough) and make into two equal logs (about three inches wide) on a parchment lined baking sheets. Make sure that there is enough space between the logs.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degree F and bake them for about 20 minutes (or it should be firm while touching).
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let it cool for six to eight minutes.
- Then cut the logs diagonally into one inch slices.
- Place the cut slices in the baking sheet (cut side down) and bake at 325 degree F for eight to ten minutes and turn the slices over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow them to cool and store in an air tight container.