- Fresh green peas – 400 g
- Paneer (cut into cubes)– 1 pack (400 g)
- Yellow onion (medium size, finely chopped) – 2
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 2
- Chili powder – ¾ Table spoon
- Coriander powder – ½ Table spoon
- Cumin powder – ½ Tea spoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 Table spoon
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 Table spoon
- Kasthoori methi – 1 Table spoon
- Roasted cashew – 7 nos
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Canola oil – 2 Table spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 Tea spoon
- Shallow fry paneer cubes and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, heat one table spoon of oil. When the oil is in medium heat add one chopped onion chopped tomato and ginger and garlic paste. Sauté until they are slightly mashed.
- Grind them with roasted cashews into a fine paste.
- In another pan heat one table spoon of oil. When the oil is in medium heat add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they pop up add another chopped onion, curry leaves and a pinch of salt. Sauté till onion is slightly brown.
- Add ground mixer, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and kasthoori methi. Toss them and add green peas. Cook until they are done.
- Add paneer cubes, a cup of water, adjust salt and cook for few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- This is a kid’s friendly dish.
- It can be served warm with chapati, puri, and rice.