Sandhavai (Rice Noodles):
- Idli rice – 400 g
- Grated coconut – 100 g
- Soak idli rice for about one hour. Grind soaked idli rice and grated coconut together in a wet grinder with minimum amount of water like for making idli.
- Add salt and mix the batter.
- Make idlies by steam cooking, here no need to ferment the batter.
- Make rice noodles (Sandhavai) by pressing hot idlies in Sandhavai maram (shown in picture - available in East Indian stores)
- Serve with coconut milk.
- Boil coconut milk (about 200 ml) and skim milk (about 50 ml) together in slow flame.
- Add required amount of jaggery, dried ginger root (pinch), cardamom (3 nos) and pinch of salt. Simmer for few minutes and serve warm with Sandhavai.
- It is a famous traditional food made while inviting newly married couple in Kongu region of Tamil Nadu (India).